Well for umpteen times, my house (my room to be more precise) has been my refuge, shelter and sanctuary. Be it my failing health, avoiding relatives & "family friends", or just taking some time off to be my own self, my room has been the uttermost island of sanity in this utter mad & reckless world out there. And now, ITS ON SIEGE. OMG!! OMG!!
I live in a government quarter and I admit it is a nice spacious one. The CPWD has risen from slumber and has suddenly taken to renovate my entire house all of a sudden and all at the same time. They are changing the flooring, laying tiles, smoothing the walls and then painting it as well. Phewww!! Its hell lot of work which is bound to take at least 3-4 days. They didn't even bother to think about the poor soul for whom his room is the only respite from all the hotch-potch and mess he utterly (& often) lands into.. :(
So, circumstances have cruelly thrown me into the drawing room. I absolutely don't like people coming in & out and looking into whatever I am doing. Come on, isn't there something called as privacy. Dunno about others but at least I am very very picky about it.
Secondly, the post is named "House Under Siege", so other aspect which I absolutely hate during these renovations is all the sand and dirt being all over the place. You come out of the bathroom, trying to feel fresh in this biting cold and what do you find, even before you could complete 10 paces, your feet are all muddy and dirty!!
EEEEEK!!
What could be worse start to a morning than this. :-/
Of course now I have braced myself for the comments- "Change is the way of life", "Growing is always hurting," blah blah!!
I know I am whining a tad too much and its just a matter of days but, Well..
Thats the way I am. Leave me or take me. B)
--
J
I live in a government quarter and I admit it is a nice spacious one. The CPWD has risen from slumber and has suddenly taken to renovate my entire house all of a sudden and all at the same time. They are changing the flooring, laying tiles, smoothing the walls and then painting it as well. Phewww!! Its hell lot of work which is bound to take at least 3-4 days. They didn't even bother to think about the poor soul for whom his room is the only respite from all the hotch-potch and mess he utterly (& often) lands into.. :(
So, circumstances have cruelly thrown me into the drawing room. I absolutely don't like people coming in & out and looking into whatever I am doing. Come on, isn't there something called as privacy. Dunno about others but at least I am very very picky about it.
Secondly, the post is named "House Under Siege", so other aspect which I absolutely hate during these renovations is all the sand and dirt being all over the place. You come out of the bathroom, trying to feel fresh in this biting cold and what do you find, even before you could complete 10 paces, your feet are all muddy and dirty!!
EEEEEK!!
What could be worse start to a morning than this. :-/
Of course now I have braced myself for the comments- "Change is the way of life", "Growing is always hurting," blah blah!!
I know I am whining a tad too much and its just a matter of days but, Well..
Thats the way I am. Leave me or take me. B)
--
J

Hey, NonStop Dreamer here. For some reason, I didn't feel like continuing there after a long gap in between. So started this new and permanent blog! Came here to check in!
ReplyDeleteNice look and even this post was a good read.. can imagine how you must be feeling with the dirt and all that stuff. But as you said, this'll pass! :)
Take care!
Ohkk.. The new one is pretty nice :) I like it..
ReplyDeleteWelcome back to the blogging arena :) :)
Thank you :) :)
ReplyDelete