Saturday, June 25, 2011

A Topsy Turvy World

(Have been highly prolific this week, 3 posts in 3 days and I feel like more)

You can call this the creation of a queer, slightly off balance yet creative mind.

Human Behaviour is innately ambivalent. Out of the numerous emotions that we experience in our lives, Love & Fear dominate them all. Where there’s love, there’s always a fear of losing it. Love too, is either self-love (which we experience when in danger) or love for others (including but not limited to our family, friends and partner)

The reason why I chose to post this is because right now, I too am experiencing similar feelings. There’s not much evidence of love while I am busy doing my routine work, but when some link to her appears, I suddenly pine for her. Even then I know, this is not love. But its the fear of losing her and that too to someone who is much lower than me when it comes to personality or the virile masculinity that I know I possess, that renders me insecure at times. My heart constantly reminds me that all these fears are baseless and nothing more than apparitions.

I tend to agree, it is nothing but a basic pessimistic mentality deeply entrenched in the human mind that he is not perfect. That there’s a lack of love for him and he shall never be loved. (It stands for women too so, no gender bias here)

I am sure, eventually, as I take my mind off these things, I’ll be back to normal. But this incident, recurring in nature, gives me food for thought.

Maybe, I did succeed in striking a chord with a one of the hearts reading this.

KISS (Keep it simple silly ;) )

--


J

5 comments:

  1. Ah, Including but not limited to!
    Few words i simply enjoy the sound of :D
    Nice! :)

    And yeah, I usually write short poems only, have exceeded 30 lines only once so far.

    That one I called 'An Ode to Lost Friends'.
    It was really beautiful too, 5 stanzas, 6 lines each, it was a real beauty! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. To be honest, I can understand how you must be feeling! And how it feels when you know you shouldn't let yourself go that way.. But easy! Time flies fast.. and eventually, you'll be back to normal.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Harsh- Thanks man!!
    @A Non-Stop Dreamer- As I mentioned , the point is normalcy, which I revert to pretty soon. But its actually, that deep feeling of insecurity (characteristic to humans) which, due to its recurring nature, causes issues.
    And I couldnt understand what you meant by - "You shouldnt let yourself go"

    ReplyDelete
  4. 3rd para is awesome sir :) even I am suffering from something similar !
    Keep posting sir, u r blogs are really enjoyable.

    ReplyDelete

Well Wishers