Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Busting the Brand-IIT Myth 4

First of all, thank you so much for your support & precious feedback that helped me go on.

What I tried in the previous post was basically to clear the illusion, which lingers among thousands of very talented youngsters, who for some reason, couldn't get into these "Champion" institutes. These posts were an attempt to make everyone (Even the IITians) realize, that although IITs are indeed very good when it comes to Undergraduate engineering studies, they are not the greatest thing in the world. There are greener and better avenues that lie beyond the IITs. Ask any working professional and you'll get a unanimous reply that the stamp of IIT, though proving a deciding factor initially, wanes away after some time. You'll then realize that after spending half a decade in the industry. what matters is not the institute that you come from but instead the quality of skills you possess.



I am sure, to many, this all still seems preachy and unconvincing. To them, my advice is-
"Go ahead then. Spend the rest of your life crying while others with a lower calibre move ahead and earn an enviable lifestyle."

This topic is very vast and has many areas which I might not have covered. But you know its very hard to put the entire sea in a bottle. Moreover, this topic is very close to my heart and there was always a danger of adulteration of this piece by some emotionally charged writing. I have restrained myself and have tried to be as much objective as possible by backing everything with logic.
Once again, I request you all to provide me with your valuable feedback.

Just a last word (especially to those who still have a sense of disappointment of not getting into the IITs)-

"सीढीयाँ उनके लिए बनी हैं जिन्हें छत पे जाना है,
जिनकी नज़र आसमान पे हो, उन्हें तो अपना रास्ता खुद बनाना है "


KISS (Keep it simple Silly) ;)
--
J

1 comment:

  1. Good.. It shows how close is this topic to you!
    I do agree with the post!

    PS I liked the advice.. I'd suggest the same! :)

    ReplyDelete

Well Wishers