I write this post in a grief-stricken mood. My best friend's mother passed away last night, and that too at such a time when it seemed that she'd be fine soon,, :'( :'( I am crying in my heart for the past 2 hours (when I came to know about it). And, incase you read this at any point of your life (which you will perhaps after quite a while), I just wanted to say that I am with you, if not physically then with all my thoughts and love and heart!!
I was shocked for 5 minutes, too dumbfounded to think straight as the thought drove through my mind.. Its true I never knew her, but the way my friend mentioned her, it was plainly clear that she was lovely, kindly woman. Just like all mothers are.. RIP Aunty. I continue praying for your soul (quite literally and not just as a figure of speech).
I was shocked for 5 minutes, too dumbfounded to think straight as the thought drove through my mind.. Its true I never knew her, but the way my friend mentioned her, it was plainly clear that she was lovely, kindly woman. Just like all mothers are.. RIP Aunty. I continue praying for your soul (quite literally and not just as a figure of speech).
Suddenly this brought to me into thinking about something I do and yet I dont- Death. I used to question when people close to me passed away until I started meditating. Even this quote from Tolkien made quite an impact on me-
“Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement. For even the very wise cannot see all ends.”
But thats not all, I thought for the first time, in many years, about my death of someone very close to me-
MYSELF!!
(P.S- Please don't bother asking why I added this pic on this post, only one person can recognize it and if he/she doesn't then no one can)
It wasn't a suicidal thought (so, no need to panick), but in a reflective way. What will happen, if I die? Will I be remembered as someone who was a jerk? Or someone with a razor sharp mind but an insensitive heart?
Frankly, I dont even care what people think because I wont be there to listen to them. The more important is, what will I take away with me when I die? Money? Property? Mobile Phones, Laptops, SLRs? Not even clothes!!
In an absolutely different context which people have heard it, I quote the Shrimad BhagvadGita here-
खाली हाथ आए और खाली हाथ चले। जो आज तुम्हारा है, कल औ किसी का था, परसों किसी और का होगा। तुम इसे अपना समझ कर मग्न हो रहे हो।
I now seriously think that my priorities in life need to be redefined.. Not for the fear of death, but for the fact that love, relationships and constant remembrance of the source, the almighty is much more important than any other earthy things...
Amen!!
On a solemn note
Signing off!!
--
J
I_Miss_U.jpg)
May her soul rest in peace. I'm sorry for your friend too.
ReplyDeleteAmen.. :'(